Monday, August 6, 2007

Off to the Big Dance

Today I'm wrapping things up in the office so tomorrow I can head to the big dance in Indy....the big A/G dance that is. General Council is a bi-annual meeting of ministers from the U.S. Assemblies of God. In my opinion, the upcoming council is the most important council within the last few decades.

This General Council is highly important in the sense that a number of resolutions will be voted on that have the potential to impact the future of this movement. In addition, a number of national leadership positions are up for election as well. The combination of decisions regarding national positions and policy has evoked a huge response and the expected voter turnout seems to be overwhelming.

Of course, it is imperative that we seek God's direction and allow His plans to become our plans when it comes to voting on these individuals and issues. One thing I've learned in the past few years of ministry is to seek God's plans and follow His direction rather than making my plans and then asking God to bless them.

Then again, whether it is an Assemblies of God General Council or a routine daily decision we should seek God's will and direction. The bigger ticket items and larger agendas usually bring this to the forefront of our attention. However, Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us to seek God in all our ways and allow Him to direct our paths.

So Lord I pray that you will have your will and your way in my life, my family, my church, and my denomination. May my decisions come from my intimacy with you and may your ways be my ways. Please help me to tune into the radio frequency of heaven and hear your voice loud and clear. Then give me the strength and wisdom to follow through with your plans. Thank you Lord!

No comments: