Friday, December 7, 2007

Things I'm Learning in Transition - Part 1

This past Sunday my wife and I announced that we would be leaving the church we started in Pontiac, Michigan to start another church in Kansas City, Missouri (see previous two posts). In the next few weeks I want to share some of the things that I'm learning through this transition.

First things first. Vanessa and I love the church here in Pontiac, but God loves the church even more. When I think about how much we love and care for the people at PFWC I'm quickly reminded that God's love and care is far beyond what I can ever comprehend.

That's encouraging for a few reasons:

1. If God loves the church the most then He will always do what's best. Sometimes transitions
don't make sense to us. It can be difficult to understand the why or the how, but God knows best. He loves and cares more for the church than anyone else.

2. Jesus died for the church, not me. It's His church. It always has been, and it always will be. I'm thankful that the Chief Shepherd allowed me to serve here as an under-shepherd these past 4 1/2 years. Though I'm gone Jesus is still here, and He always will be.

3. God doesn't rob from one church to bless another. God loves the people in Pontiac and the people in KC. He not sending us to the people in KC at the expense of the people in Pontiac. God will provide new leadership for PFWC and bless the new work in KC.

God loves His church...and I love being part of it!

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

I pray that God's hand is upon you guys in the midst of this transition!